So for about a month I was so done. I was done being pregnant. I was going to get this baby out of me in November no matter what it took.
I'm better now. I'm fine being patient (at least for now). I'm not going to do anything to try and induce labor- no jumping on a trampoline, no extended hikes. And you know what did it for me? I realized I was totally being selfish. I had this plan all worked out where I'd have her this week- over Thanksgiving break and then my mom would come out for a week and then Paul's parents would come out for a week and a half and he could get all of his work done for school because he wouldn't need to help me at all- the parents would have it covered. Paul always seemed annoyed whenever I talked about it though and as embarrassing as it is to admit it, it took me until last Sunday night to figure it out. Paul WANTS to help. He WANTS to be able to enjoy our baby with me. He doesn't want to have to miss out. So sure, Paul's parents most likely won't be able to come out after my Mom does but in the grand scheme of things, a daddy who wants to be there and love his little girl as much as possible should be allowed to do that if at all possible. I love my husband! He's so wonderful! I'm so lucky and so is baby Pearl!
So now the goal is to keep her in until Dec 6 at the earliest. When we went to Thanksgiving at the Hendrick's house their son mentioned it would be funny if she were born on Dec 7 (Pearl Harbor Day) and honestly, we think that would be fun too so maybe we'll try for that.
1 comment:
It sure is a good thing that Paul is such a good husband, and will be a good dad!
Post a Comment