Saturday, December 5, 2009

I love my man!

So I've decided that the worst part of being pregnant for these past couple weeks and whatever time is left is that I have two shirts that semi-fit me. They're both a bit short though so I have to constantly hike my pants up and pull them down. One of the ways I've coped with this (so that I don't get a cold midriff because today is the first day I've turned on the heat and it's only because we have an inch of snow) is to wear one of Paul's hoodies.
I started wearing it a bit while I was at the E. Looslis' because it smelled like Paul and I missed him- how cute/pathetic, I know. It's made to go over lots of layers so it's got extra room for my massive belly (and by massive, I mean beach ball sized). It's comfy and I really do like the way it smells so I've been wearing it around the house this week. On Thursday night, my friend Brittany called and needed a ride to one of the Enrichment groups so I decided to suck it up and go out. I put on make up. I put on my red long sleeved shirt. I made my hair cute and then just before I walked out the door, I threw on the hoodie because it was chilly.
Paul gave me our standard "going for somewhere longer than half and hour" hug and kiss and I asked him if I looked okay. Now, let me be the first to say that I have an amazing husband when it comes to giving compliments. He's always telling me that I look beautiful or better than amazing or whatever and it makes me feel fantastic but this time he hesitated. "Don't you have something else you can wear?" Something else? "It's just that you look like a homeless person." I will never again doubt the sincerity of his compliments because obviously he has no problem telling the truth. It had been a bit of a hormonal day for me so it was extremely hard for me not to cry or get mad or something along those lines but I took off the homeless person hoodie and pulled on a light swing coat I have that hasn't been able to close around my belly for a few weeks and with the thumbs-up of approval went to the cookie swap.
I really hope you know I'm not bashing on Paul. Now that I'm not quite as wacked out with the hormones, I think it's hilarious because he said it so innocently and he just wanted to be honest and he really did it with the best intentions. Poor guy realized what he said while I was gone though and has been apologizing profusely ever since I walked back through the door. Last night while we were out shopping he begged me to buy another shirt for the next couple weeks (doubt it will be that long) so that he wouldn't feel so guilty. He's so ridiculously adorable. I love my man!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I like that he is honest, because it's like you said, then you know his compliments are sincere :)

Kylie said...

Hey Lady - When are you going to update? :)