Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I have a perfectly good excuse for wanting to sleep all day...

... it's called there's a skeleton in my tummy.

Paul says I shouldn't talk about being pregnant that way to people outside of us but I think it's awesome. Behind my quickly disappearing tummy button is a little skull. How awesome is that?!
Maybe not as awesome as the person the skull belongs to but since she's not here to comment yet, thinking about the fact that there is an actual human skull hanging out inside of me makes me feel better about the fact that right now I could sleep 16-20 hours a day no problem.
Every time we go to a doctor's appointment, I fall asleep on the exam bed. This morning Dr. Anderson came in and woke me up and he seemed genuinely sorry that had to do that. He's my favorite OB ever and it makes me mad that his wife got a stinky superintendent job in Missouri so he can't deliver Pearl. I mean, come on! Isn't my baby worth two months of not living with your wife and kids? I think so! (Note: because sarcasm translates very poorly through the written word, I would like you to know that I really don't think this, I'm happy for them but at the same time sad for me- Doctor Roberts just doesn't compare no matter what the other girls say).
In other news, my heart issues just disappeared! I went from having issues 6-10 times a day and nearly fainting a lot to nothing. Thank goodness for the priesthood! My cardiologist is having a hard time comprehending it because my problems should be getting worse, not going away.
My darling friend Pearl lent me The Lightning Thief last week and it is way better than I anticipated- actually the whole series is. I'm on 4 of 5 which is bad because there will never be any more but even Paul likes them. Not to say that the author is amazing- because he's good just not as good as some others but I can't complain about that until I become a children's book editor (pretty much my dream job) so that I can tell authors that no, you have to look at a map when talking about real places in the world because there is no way that there is a ski resort in New Mexico that's only half an hour away from Alamogordo etc. They're really good fun though and not mushy and not scary (I mean, when this guy kills people it's hard to believe they're dead as opposed to when JK Rowling kills people because then you sob for hours whether you liked the character or not- and you know what? that's not a bad thing, I have too many scary dreams as it is).

3 comments:

Khiah said...

AH! That's amazing about your heart problems! What a blessed event lol :*) And there are ski resorts in New Mexico.
-Khi

Platz said...

This is Kelsie- I know there are ski resorts in New Mexico but none in southern New Mexico- Alamogordo is way far south.

Laura said...

Yay for disapeering aliments!