Okay folks, so we've reached the day before the big reveal. Man am I pumped! I can't wait to get good pictures of my baby looking like a miniature human and wiggling around (the ultrasound is at 9, the baby is generally very wiggly then).
Now, I write this blog for me, because I forget things and in the future if I find my actual journals still too personal to share, at least we'll have some sort of a record of just how things are going, so bear with me as I make a list of some possible things to keep me occupied...
A couple more hours at work.
Bread making! (that should take a couple hours)
Dinner- I really really really want corn chowder (another hour)
Working on my aprons so I can give Jenny back her sewing machine- oh! and did I tell you I got the most amazing fabric for the two cutest aprons ever!!!! Paul is less than convinced and told me that he doesn't think my pregnant brain should be allowed anywhere near JoAnns until after the baby is born but he did allow me to purchase the fabric and give it a shot. Actually, this sounds really fun! That's what I'll do!
Taking my pills at 8:30 is an option and then settling in to watch the end of Pooh's Grand Adventure. I've been falling asleep to that for several nights now and I really have neat dreams.
What with scripture study and getting ready tomorrow morning I probably will have enough to keep me busy and not freaking out.
On to a non-baby topic. My best friend from freshmen year of high school in Albuquerque, Alan Vaughn, and his wife just moved here for school! Of all the places in the country to end up from BYU, Tech seems like a really random place but the way he got here was pretty neat and unexpected so I know it will work out grandly. They decided to move here about a week early because of Stephannie's internship and when they got here on Saturday they had no electricity so I had them come over. I'll admit that I was really really nervous. I mean, yes, we'd been best friends but that was 8 years ago (seriously? that doesn't even seem right, but yeah, it's been almost a decade since we've had a lot to do with each other) and I know I've changed and grown up so of course he has too. It went really well though! I felt less awkward hanging out with them than I do even at our FHE group sometimes (and we've been doing that for a while).
I'm excited to get to know them as a couple and him as a non-16year old hormone-ruled kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment