Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I don't remember where I left off,....

But that's alright. Paul is enjoying being out of school for the summer. He's been busy packing up our house and the bazillions of books we have. Seriously, I thought it would take us years to get this many but somehow two five shelf book shelves and one little three may not cut it anymore. Anywho, our place is a disaster area. It looks like a box bomb went off and I hate it but it's only a month right? I can live with anything for a month. Next month we move into a two bedroom townhouse with washer/dryer hook-ups! The kitchen is huge and it's in a good neighborhood and the same price as we pay now for rent and on top of that we have tons and tons of storage space. The only downside is that the bathroom is upstairs and I have to go every five minutes.... whatever burns calories, right?
Anywho. We have bigger and better news. Paul got accepted into the program he really wanted!!!
This fall he will start working on a Masters in Public and International Affairs. If all goes well, we might stay here for a Ph. D but we're going to take this one step at a time. Paul's been super freaked out about getting in for a few months now. He really doubts his intellectual abilities (wrongly so, he's super smart!). I haven't been worried though. He had good grades and a decent GRE score (despite passing out halfway through the English portion), recommendations from really well-known professors, and a killer essay. The only time I worried was after I'd stalked the mailman and begged him to give us our mail (we lost our key a couple weeks ago) and the only thing from the graduate school was a little envelope. Paul was afraid of it so I opened it. And it was a letter of congratulations! Apparently, everything is done online now which is why there were only two pieces of paper. I'm really incredibly proud of him. He's my sweetheart and I knew he could do it and I know that if he didn't have this opportunity, he'd spend the rest of his life thinking he was merely average because, according to him, "everyone has a bachelors". He's great. I love him so much. I'm also glad because we know what we're doing and where we're going for the next couple of years. It's so nice to have a firm grasp of our position.
WARNING: Mushy segment.
AHHH I'm just so in love with him! He really takes care of me and will do whatever it takes to take care of me. He's been taking good care of our garden and he doesn't complain when I forget to cook dinner for him (it's weird to think of cooking when you're not hungry for real food). He's good with Regina and I love how much he smiles. I love that he always wants to hang out with me and take me with him on errands.
I love my husband!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you guys!

Khiah said...

"everyone has a bachelors" lol
I second Laura - I'm so happy for you two and your budding family!